My client, an exciting and innovative software house who have a world renowned Digital Experience platform and specialise across Digital Marketing, Digital Commerce, Content Management and Smart Personalisation are seeking an Data Engineer to join their team.
The data science team harnesses big data, natural language processing, and machine learning to help create next generation products for my client’s CMS and e-commerce platforms.
About You – Data Engineer
Your main responsibility is to help the Data Science team to maintain and extend data processing pipelines related to Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Recommender Systems (RecSys). You will touch codebases written in Python and Scala interact with our provisioning infrastructure that uses Chef, Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform.
You will need to have the following experience:
- strong understanding of Python
- experience with data processing pipeline frameworks, such as Luigi, Airflow, Pinball or other
- experience with a parallel data processing engine such as Hadoop or Spark
- experience with functional programming concepts and architecture
- experience with stream processing
- a couple of years’ experience in professional software development team
- experience with source control tools (git / github)
- experience with cloud computing infrastructure (AWS / Azure)
You will get bonus points if you are able to demonstrate:
- experience in Scala development
- experience in processing / extracting information from Wikipedia / Wikidata
- experience in Machine Learning / Natural Language Processing / Recommender Systems / Data Science
- experience in devops / infrastructure (Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes)