My client, an exciting and innovative software house who have a world renowned Digital Experience platform and specialise across Digital Marketing, Digital Commerce, Content Management and Smart Personalisation are seeking an Cloud Data Engineer to join their team.
The data science team harnesses big data, natural language processing, and machine learning to help create next generation products for my client’s CMS and e-commerce platforms.
Your main responsibility is to help the Data Science team to maintain and extend data processing pipelines related to Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Recommender Systems (RecSys). You will touch codebases written in Python and Scala that interact with our provisioning infrastructure that uses Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform.
Skills required include;
- Strong understanding of Python
- experience in DevOps and containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform / Pulimi)
- experience with cloud computing infrastructure (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- at least 3 years of experience in a development team
- experience with source control tools (GitHub/GitLab)
Beneficial, but not essential;
- experience with data processing pipeline frameworks, such as Luigi, Airflow, Pinball or other
- experience with a parallel data processing engine such as PySpark / Sparkor cloud services such as Amazon EMR, Google Cloud Dataproc or Azure HDInsight
- experience working with teams of Data Scientists or ML Engineers
- experience with functional programming concepts and architecture
- experience with stream processing