My client, a well-known Maritime Insurance company with over 100 years experience providing Protection and Indemnity (P&I) cover is seeking a strong Data Analyst to join their team.
Overall purpose of the role
Working in the Data & Analytics team, ensuring that the Data Warehouse and other reporting capabilities are supported and developed in support of the Data Strategy. Providing delivery and insight on data related projects as well as support tasks.
· To maintain and develop the Data & Analytics (D&A) and Management Reporting capability across the business.
· Manage day to day BAU tasks and Support tickets.
· Help implement optimal reporting solutions working with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
· Project work ensuring D&A deliverables met and implications are fully understood.
· Maintain regular communication and co-ordination between all relevant users/departments.
· Ensure the integrity and accuracy of operational business data.
· Follow best practice change and release processes.
· Ensure users are engaged and implications of D&A changes are understood.
· Ensure robust processes are in place to enable end to end data reconciliation.
· Ensure data governance procedures/processes are adhered to.
· Constantly develop technical and soft skills to drive improved performance.
· Assist in identifying poor data and provide input into potential solutions.
· Participate in technical discussions on technology choices, approaches, risks and considerations.
Technical skills + Qualifications
· Degree level qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or similar.
· At least 3 years MI/ ETL and Data Warehousing experience.
· Excellent communications skills, ability to liaise with all stakeholders in a non-technical capacity as required.
· Experience with MS Azure and Cloud DWH implementation.
· Experience with SQL Server stack.
· Ability to manage internal and external resources.
· Experience with Microsoft Power BI.
· Knowledge of APIs.
· Self-motivated with excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.