My client, an exciting and innovative software house who have a world renowned Digital Experience platform alongside multiple successful products within the Ecommerce space are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join their team.
This position is fully remote, you can work anywhere in USA.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will build and support products, platforms and tools that provide high leverage to customers and engineering teams
- You will drive continuous improvements to the reliability, accuracy, performance, security and cost our data infrastructure
- You’ll solve business-critical data and distributed systems engineering problems, utilizing the best languages and technologies for the job.
- You work with highly scalable systems that ingest, deduplicate, count, aggregate, store, and archive event data as well as serve real-time analytics insights
- Strong Software engineering, SRE or DevOps background, preferably in the infrastructure space.
- Expertise in object-oriented programming languages like Java
- Knowledge of build/release systems and processes.
- Deep passion for the infrastructure space and solving complex problems.
- Familiarity with microservice architectures and experience building infrastructure platforms and tools
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like AWS and understanding of scaling and reliability concerns.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of container services (Docker/Kubernetes) is a plus
- Knowledge of Typescript and Kotlin is a plus
Why you’ll succeed:
- You are curious about how distributed systems operate and fail at scale.
- You have an automation mindset. You seek to fully understand problems, and then produce workable and efficient solutions
- You reflect and seek feedback on choices and trade-offs in your design process.
- You seek context to inform your decisions, and you adapt to changes according to the needs of the business.
- You are curious about emerging technologies and are interested in evaluating and adapting where it makes sense.
- You are a team player who enjoys collaborating across engineering teams.
- You appreciate working with people from all walks of life, and you work to respectfully engage and collaborate with colleagues regardless of perspective or experience.