My client, an exciting and innovative software house who specialise within Digital Experience are seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join their team
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead my client’s Data Platform team. This team provides centralized data infrastructure and APIs for my client’s experimentation, event and results data needs. This includes distributed databases, streaming platforms, storage solutions and big data infrastructure.
Ideally, you bring proven engineering leadership experience as well as practical infrastructure knowledge. You demonstrate strong org development skills, ability to form great partnerships across engineering, ability to support and grow individual engineers, and sufficient technical experience to partner well with individuals and also to inspect their projects.
You are excited by the opportunity to provide leadership across the organization to help influence and drive initiatives.
What you will do:
- Build and lead your engineering team and help the members of your team grow both technically and professionally
- Own both the operational and directional aspects for your team
- Lead, inspire, and influence your team to embrace modern engineering practices that enable them to frequently release high-quality and performant services
- Work with the recruiting team to attract and retain high quality and diverse talent
- Collaborate with other managers to ensure we are building products that provide a consistent and powerful experience across our platforms
- Have visibility, influence, and impact across all of my client’s engineering teams and product areas
You will be successful in this role if:
- You have successfully built and managed a team of 5 or more engineers over the last 3 or more years
- You have a proven track record in developing and delivering high scale, secure, and performant distributed systems
- You have demonstrated experience managing, delivering, and owning the services end-to-end
- You are able to thrive and lead multiple highly cross-functional projects at any time
- You maintain an awareness of the state of technology, tools, and techniques
- You are excited to take initiative and help make an impact on the larger organization
- You have solid organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep multiple projects on schedule
- You have solid track record engaging and collaborating across distributed teams