My client, an exciting and innovative software house who specialise within Digital Experience are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their team
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join my client’s Data Platform team. They have built sophisticated infrastructure that processes billions of events per day, enriches them via stream processing, aggregates and stores them efficiently to support large scale performant queries.
This team provides centralized data infrastructure and APIs for my client’s experimentation, event and results data needs. This includes distributed databases, streaming platforms, storage solutions and big data infrastructure.
The Data Infrastructure team plays an important role in making it easy and efficient for our users to get accurate data in and out of our systems.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will build and support products, platforms and tools that provide high leverage to customers and engineering teams
- You will drive continuous improvements to the reliability, accuracy, performance, security and cost our data infrastructure
- You’ll solve business-critical data and distributed systems engineering problems, utilizing the best languages and technologies for the job.
- You work with highly scalable systems that ingest, deduplicate, count, aggregate, store, and archive event data as well as serve real-time analytics insights
- Strong Software engineering, SRE or DevOps background, preferably in the infrastructure space.
- Expertise in object-oriented programming languages like Java
- Knowledge of build/release systems and processes.
- Deep passion for the infrastructure space and solving complex problems.
- Familiarity with microservice architectures and experience building infrastructure platforms and tools
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like AWS and understanding of scaling and reliability concerns.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of container services (Docker/Kubernetes) is a plus.
- You have 3-5 years of experience and are looking for your next big challenge
Why you’ll succeed:
- You are curious about how distributed systems operate and fail at scale.
- You have an automation mindset. You seek to fully understand problems, and then produce workable and efficient solutions.
- You reflect and seek feedback on choices and trade-offs in your design process.
- You seek context to inform your decisions, and you adapt to changes according to the needs of the business.
- You are curious about emerging technologies and are interested in evaluating and adapting where it makes sense.
- You are a team player who enjoys collaborating across engineering teams.
- You appreciate working with people from all walks of life, and you work to respectfully engage and collaborate with colleagues regardless of perspective or experience.