Senior IT Project Manager – £85,000 – London
This is a combined Project and Portfolio manager role within a small team, the purpose of the role is twofold:
To set enterprise project management frameworks, standards, reporting objectives, goals and ensure appropriate project governance and co-ordination.
To lead projects, implementing appropriate governance and ensuring projects are delivered to the agreed schedule, budget and scope. Accomplishing project objectives by planning project activities, evaluating implementation and progression of projects.
- Formulate and apply suitable strategies for governance of projects
- Create and apply appropriate standards for the governance of change, risk and resource management.
- Coordinating with risk and compliance to ensure second line of defence functions have appropriate engagement within project management activities.
- Ensuring accurate reporting of portfolio status.
- Ensure cross project dependencies are identified and monitored.
- Understand basic revenue models and P/L; meet portfolio wide financial objectives by forecasting requirements; prepare an annual budget and high-level benefits and expenditure projections
- Monitor project management standards are being followed across the portfolio and that appropriate methodologies are used.
- Provide support to the CIO in management, operations and strategy development for the IT department
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of multiple project(s).
- Management using agile and waterfall project methodologies.
- Ensures project documents are complete
- Works closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient
- Skills in analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Work with developers and designers to define and document questions, liaise with business to get new requirements and explain feasibility.
- Submit project status reports to stakeholders, reviews bugs, plans software releases, and react to changes.
Key Skills/Qualifications Required
- Exposure or limited experience of portfolio management
- London Insurance Market experience
- Strong Project Management skills
- IT Degree or equivalent experience
- Recognised project management qualification (Prince2/PMP/APMP or equivalent)
- In depth knowledge of IT Systems Delivery
- Good Verbal & Written Communication
- Experience of managing small teams of permanent and contract staff.
- Proficient in project management tools for delivery of agile and waterfall projects