My client, an exciting and innovative software house who have a world renowned Digital Experience platform alongside multiple successful products within the Ecommerce space are seeking a Senior Director, Data Engineering to join their team.
This position is fully remote and my client’s UK HQ is based in London.
The Senior Director, Data Engineering will be the technical arm of the IT group enabling technologies and developing new ways to use data to drive innovation and enable data-driven decisions across departments.
This role will be leading the charge in implementing D&A technologies and will act as a single point of contact for data needs to ensure portfolios are aligned and the team is delivering impactful and useful solutions.
Knowledge and Experience
- 7 years+ of relevant experience in implementing and architecting complex data management and BI capabilities such as data warehouse, big data, data architecture, data engineering, business intelligence, data governance, MDM, self-service analytics, Machine Learning and AI
- 7 years+ of experience analyzing complex data, managing multiple projects with increasing difficulty and complexity, and developing sophisticated reports.
- Proven track record of leadership and capable of providing leadership across a company and advocating and supporting a culture that is data-driven
- Experience leveraging data to drive strategic innovation within a company
- 5 years+ managing a team of data professionals including data analysts, data project managers and data engineers
- Comfortable participating in tool selection processes regarding data tools and software
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP etc.
- Excellent communication skills, including both oral and written.
- SaaS industry experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and organizations
- Ability to provide and receive constructive job and/or industry-related feedback.