My client is a boutique insurance syndicate within the London Market, the business is currently looking for a highly ambitious Business Analyst who has aspirations to step into Project Management and would take on my clients Project Leader role. The ideal candidate will come from a IT development background and has moved into Projects within a Business Analyst capacity.
* Understand and adhere to the company project framework and governance.
* Understand and adhere to the company standards and procedures
* Elicitation and documentation of requirements from all areas of the business.
* Elicitation and documentation of ‘As Is’ processes and defining and documenting ‘To Be’ processes for all areas of the business.
* Construct Business Cases for new initiatives.
* Data Analysis to support decision making on procedural/system changes and testing.
* Articulate business needs to technical resources and suppliers as well as translate technical information or questions in a manner that can be easily understood by the business.
* Document system specifications or user stories as required.
* Develop and execute a system test plan.
* Co-ordinate and assist with user acceptance testing.
* Production of Project Initiation Documents.
* Production and maintenance of Project Plans.
* Estimation of resource effort and timescales utilising subject matter experts as appropriate.
* Collate, manage and escalate as appropriate Project Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies.
* Compilation of Project Status reports for IT Management and Project Boards.
* Supervise staff assigned to the project and manage the allocation of their work.
* Business Analysis
* Excellent communication skills
* A good understanding of Project Management
Additional (Nice to have) Skills:
* Background in IT Systems Development
o Ability to query databases using SQL or tools such as Toad
* Experience in both Waterfall and Agile projects
* A good knowledge of the Insurance Industry
* Training/accreditation/experience in Project Management
* Training/accreditation/experience in Change Management
If this opportunity aligns with your background and you would like to learn more about the role please apply now and I will be in touch shortly.