Job Title: Engineering – Senior Software Engineer
Job Description: The Senior Software Engineer role is a hands-on technical role accountable for the technical delivery of the transition of a set of complex Java based applications to the public cloud. They will be working alongside the wider project team, including the Technical Architect and Developers, to continue the delivery of these transformations. Responsibilities
The individual will be a key technical resource for transitioning these applications from on-prem infrastructure to the strategic cloud.
They are expected to be highly technical, experienced with Java and cloud technologies and able to work within complex technical environments. Strong communication, collaboration and cloud design skills are also key.
Familiarity with the following technologies is expected:
* Java Spring/Hibernate etc
* Web technologies
* SQL and TSQL
* Docker: create docker images, create complex container based architectures
* Kubernetes/RedHat OpenShift: create and manipulate k8s objects with code, understand k8s architecture and admin
* Helm : for templating manifests
* Resource types etc
* Design and implement APIs (REST/SOAP/GRPC)
* Swagger/ OpenAPI spec.
* Other api gateway solutions
Auth Security Frameworks:
* OAuth 2.0 / OpenIDConnect
* Java Spring Security
* Kibana (ELK)
* Dynatrace or similar