My client, a well-established Insurance company is seeking Junior Data Engineer to join their team.
This position will offer a hybrid approach to WFH and office work. It will likely be 3 days in their (London) office and 2 days working from home.
This will be an initial 6 month contract (Outside of IR35) with a view to extend (There may also be an opportunity to move in to a permanent role if that is something that you are seeking).
- Analyze and map the existing data pipeline and data structures, design, and implement improvements.
- Support the existing MI team by improving data availability and design of existing on-prem databases.
- Contribute to my client’s data modernization program and work with data analysts and engineers to build my client’s data lake.
- Together with Strategic IT Group, be a driving force and thought leader for designing and implementing a modern cloud-first data architecture.
- 2-3 years’ experience as data engineer
- In addition to your proficient knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, Java, C#, etc.) you have hands-on experience or a keen interest in data engineering and persistence technologies such as: Airflow, Hadoop, DBT, Kafka, relational DBs and common NoSQL stores.
- You have a good understanding of the possibilities of large public cloud environments and preferably have already used MS Azure or AWS, with the aid of Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with designing and building modern ETL pipelines
- Database architecture experience and strong SQL skills
- Experience with agile delivery methods.
- Self-driven, motivated and ability work independently.