My client, a renowned Investment Management company is seeking a Data Engineer to join their team.
This position will be remote, however there will be the odd time you need to commute to my client’s London office.
- Work with strategic change teams to develop cross asset research and portfolio management capabilities
- Contribute to agile working practices and tools selection and configuration to create a durable development platform for the future.
- Develop data components as required in conjunction with business stakeholders to both fulfil immediate business needs and move the strategic platform forward.
- Provide leadership and oversight for global data engineering team within the Research & Portfolio Management portfolio
Experience and Qualifications
- Building analytical platforms (ingress, metadata, data catalogue)
- Data Streaming (Flink/Spark/Kafka and or Cloud equivalents)
- Search optimisers (ElasticSearch/Lucene)
- REST alternatives (GraphQL, AsyncAPI etc.)
- ML pipelines
- Data Science Sandbox kits (Jupyter)
- Workflow tools (Airflow, Step Functions etc.)
- Cloud experience / awareness o Terraform o Kubernetes o Native vs. managed services
- Cost optimisation