My client, a global insurance and reinsurance company is seeking a Accounting Manager to join their team who has strong knowledge and experience of Ceded Reinsurance.
As a Manager of Ceded Re Finance, you will be responsible for preparing and providing timely, accurate and relevant management information and financial analysis regarding ceded transactions, as well as participating in various continuous improvement projects underway.
You will work closely with global Ceded Re Underwriting and Operations team, Finance business partnering and Controlling teams, Actuaries, FIC, regulators, internal audit as well as external auditors, among others
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead Ceded Re Finance business partnering role for Americas business group within Insurance segment
- Finance Reporting and analysis
- Support analysis and reporting on ceded results for legal entity/regulatory reporting for Americas
- Coordinate gathering analysis at business group and segment level, analyze quality of responses and consolidate to give appropriately insightful narrative on the financial position and performance of ceded reinsurance, along with forward looking thinking.
- Support development of CEO reporting packs for Ceded Re, along with analysis and information to Ceded Re and business alike.
Planning and Forecasting
- Co-ordinate and support input of the annual Ceded Re budget (CWP, commission, allocations, ceded losses, etc), working with Ceded Reinsurance placement team, Ceded Reinsurance Operations team, Business Partners, Actuaries and Finance.
- Provision of detailed quarterly forecast data and analysis
- Take an active lead in providing Systems support as part of the Planning & Forecasting cycle
- Other planning and reforecast deliverables as required
- Oversee the quarterly Ceded Re close process, for Americas business, to make sure all the material adjustments are included correctly in financials
- Support the consolidation of total Ceded Re outputs for both Insurance & Re-insurance segments Management Reporting, Placement analysis and Project support
- Co-lead various Finance and reporting projects, including EE, to deliver Ceded Re requirements, including Financial, Operational and Regulatory requirements
- Work closely with Ceded Re Placement team, and provide pre placement and post placement analysis to support purchasing decisions
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Professional Accountancy Qualification or equivalent
- Relevant experience gained working within P&C (re) insurance, is preferred.
- Strong understanding of ceded reinsurance principles and the financial implications thereof
- Strong analytical skills, with an inquisitive attitude, with attention to detail.
- Professional approach to successfully interact with senior management / colleagues and confident to articulate your views and influence peers.
- Ability to “take a step back” i.e. to understand the results of their own work to ensure they make sense in a business sense and to ensure accuracy.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- A proactive, self-starter and self-motivator, adaptable in a fast-moving global environment.
- Ability to manage time, work to tight deadlines, prioritise and adapt to changing requirements and dealing with distractions.